Nature is singing down here.

Thursday, March 1, 2012 - Posted by Lauren at 6:21 PM

 Let the field exult, and all that is in it.
Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy
 Before the LORD, for He is coming,
For He is coming to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
And the peoples in His faithfulness. 
Psalm 96:12-13

This afternoon, Mrs. Benevolent taught me how to make her version of a ziti pasta dish for a fellowship potluck type thing at church on Sunday. The secret ingredient? Sour cream. Interesting. She worked it out so that I could make a little batch of it for myself using my rice noodles. I'm excited for supper! 



Then she took me on a LOVELY walk through the trails that go through the "subdivision" here. It was very nice to get out in this weather (near 80 degrees here) and walk around and get a feel for the area.


The trails felt a lot like Lincoln Memorial Gardens to me... except that they had the occasional pile of "road apples" which were reminders that these are actually horse trails. 


They also have beavers! We must have seen five or six beaver dams blocking up the little creek. Mrs. Benevolent said that the subdivision has to bring in a backhoe (what are those claw-thingies called?) to pull them apart every year. 

She also said that the ferns (which are EVERYWHERE) grow all year round.


And the trees were all budding. I can't wait to see all the dogwoods she was telling me about! I love being out in nature because it always makes me think about how amazing God is... and with what detail He works. It reminds me to be calm and trust Him.

Tell of His glory among the nations,
His wonderful deeds among all the peoples.
For great is the LORD and greatly to be praised;
He is to be feared above all gods.
Psalm 96:3-4